Monday, January 23, 2012

Uczmy Się!

Today in Polish class, we were watching this video that's titled "Uczmy Się Polskiego!" which translate's to "Let's learn Polish!" There was a dumb little song that went with it. It was highly entertaining when the teacher made us all sing along with the video and then on our own. I'm quite bummed that there's not a video of it online for me to share with y'all.

Anyways, let's get to the point of this post. I think my future career path may be that of a teacher. And I was thinking the other day, I'm taking some pretty cool classes this semester: intro to the study of language, architecture and society, second semester of Polish, UTeach, and microbiology (+lab). There's a lot of cool and diverse things I'll be learning this semester. I figure I should try to enjoy going to class and learning if I'm going to hopefully be teaching students myself one day.

So for this semester, my plan is to post a list of cool things I've learned in all of my classes for each week. It'll get me to be proactive in both my education and my blogging! Double win.

Some examples off of the top of my head from this past week:
-There are 10 times as many microbes in/on our body than our own cells. There is a bacteria with the genus name "Thiomargarita". We also had a mini geography lesson on where Bangladesh and the Bay of Bengal are.
-an apron was actually called "a napron" back in the day, but it gradually changed to "an apron" over time. I explained this to my roommates as we were watching Adventure Time. In the episode, the ice king shaved his beard, and when he told a princess he was "an ice king", she misheard him as saying "I'm a nice king!" Then hilarity and ridiculousness ensued as per usual on that show.
-in architecture, we learned that "Gnomes are working in the garden" at the "Beasley House" =p
-and in Polish, we've been learning to order things from restaurants and coffee shops. There is also a new girl who's pretty much fluent and is showing all of us up. Jaka szkoda!

But yeah. You people who still check this thing will have things to read (hopefully) weekly! Yay!

Peace out homies. (I obviously don't know how to end this post.)

1 comment:

  1. please do!! they all sound interesting (esp. intro to study of language and architecture&society)
    =)

    ReplyDelete