Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mas Respuestas

Since it looks like there are no more questions, here's the rest of my answers. And if anything does pop up, I'll just concatenate it to the end of this.

Thank you to the super totally awesome Bailey Maeve for these. =)

favorite harry potter (book & movie...and they can be different lol) and why.

Hmmm....so as far as the books go, my recent re-reading of them has gotten me to view them more as one big story as opposed to 7 individual ones. It's awesome to see how things in earlier books foreshadow or reference things in later books. Or how characters which annoy the heck out of you in the early books end up playing more vital roles later on in the series. However, if I were to choose a favorite book...I would definitely go with The Half-Blood Prince.
I think my favorite thing about HBP is all of the background stories it includes. I love learning more about characters and their pasts and seeing how they came to be how they are. The whole story of the Gaunt family and Voldemort's origins as well as flashes from his childhood and time at Hogwarts are favorites of mine in particular. You also get to see the darker sides of Draco and Snape, two characters we've come to know and loathe...unadulteratedly. xD The whole build up of the ending and how it sets up the seventh book perfectly is just so...ahhhh---awesome. Snape's "DON'T CALL ME A COWARD!" line is one of my favorite lines in the series along with Mrs. Weasley's "NOT MY DAUGHTER....!", and I'm soooo incredibly perturbed that it wasn't in the movie along with several other things left out (or added in...). And zombies? Yes, please.

Favorite Movie? I think I'd have to go with Order of the Phoenix. The woman they got to play Umbridge was pretty spot on leaving me constantly wanting to punch her in the face during the whole movie. The fireworks scene with Fred and George is one of my favorites from the movies even if it was missing a swamp...and Firenze... This movie also has the return of Sirius and Lupin, two of my favorite characters from the Potterverse. =)....=(
Luna Lovegood also makes her debut in this movie....I love her. Her quirkiness and awkwardness, while being completely oblivious to all of it the whole time...Evanna Lynch does an amazing job portraying her. She's easily one of my favorite characters in the movie series. Seriously, just based off of the movies alone, I'd rather have her end up with Harry. I mean, those scenes are just awkward...and I dunno if I'm really sold on Bonnie Wright as Ginny. I mean, I guess she looks the part...but yeah. I suppose we'll see how that goes next movie(DH)...Oh and the scene at the end at the Ministry of Magic, especially when Dumbledore and Voldemort start to duel, is quite epic.

childhood dream? like the what do you wanna be when you grow up?

You know, I was never one of those kids who really knew what they wanted to do with their lives. I'm still not exactly sure what I want to do even now haha. When I was little, I used to say I wanted to be an engineer like my uncle, who passed away about three years ago. And look where I am now, studying to become a biomedical engineer aha. But in between then and now, I never really had any "dreams" or anything I really aspired to be. There may have been a really brief period in elementary where I wanted to be an astronaut or something, and I suppose for a short while when I was first learning guitar back in 8th grade or so, I thought being a musician would be fun. Then in early high school, up until about sometime junior year, I'd considered going pre-med at that other school...And then we're back to now.
I think rather than childhood dreams, my childhood wants, or want I suppose, was just to have better social skills. I was pretty much labeled one of the "smart kids" from 3rd grade on, which I guess wasn't completely untrue and I didn't really mind it all that much, but I was never really happy with my communication skills. I think I've improved a decent amount in that area, but it definitely still shows itself from time to time. Oh, and funny side story about that, for the required experiment hours in my intro to psychology class, I participated in one dealing with fear of public speaking. It was definitely interesting. And I'm drifting off topic a bit now, so I think I'll stop. =p

The following is from Wayne Wang. Domo arigato (haha I had to...xD).

haha maybe this is just weird or too personal but from while listening to the Heavenwards cd and talking to a friend, I just started tearing up about pains (like my friend and his brother/twin lost their dad when they were pretty young). So what are some pretty heavy pains that shaped who you are today?

Haha don't worry about asking anything 'too personal'. I mean, the reason I have this blog is because it's a lot easier and wayyyy more comfortable for me to share things. Otherwise, it'd be a rather awkward, inarticulate conversation...or lack thereof. =p And if I feel it is a more private thing, I'll just do like a fb message or something haha.

Now on to the question...as far as "heavy pains" go...This is a weird one for me because emotional pain isn't really something I've experienced that much. Like, I kind of feel desensitized to things that happen around me. That is, I don't ever react to things like I feel I should or how a "normal" person would. Maybe too many violent movies and video games? aha. But I dunno...I suppose pains I've gone through...I've always had an interesting relationship with my parents. Like, I know they love me, and I love them, but holy crap can we get into arguments. It's gotten better over the past year or so, but senior year...especially once summer came around...I basically tried to get out of the house as much as possible haha. I suppose my being away from them for nine or so months each year for the past two years has helped things. That probably sounds weird, but there's definitely a lot less tension in the house now. We still have little spats every now and then, but I think we're getting better at handling those. I don't know if this really counts as a 'pain', but as bad as this may sound, my parents were definitely one of the biggest stress factors in my life for a great portion of my adolescence. I've just never had as strong of a connection with them as I wished I could have. A lot of that is on me though. And I've always struggled with being open with them about anything although that's a kind of in general attribute for me haha. It's definitely one area I need work in.

So that probably didn't really answer your question properly...but I don't feel that things like pain are what shape me. Or at least not as of now. The biggest influences on my life are easily my friends, and I've been so lucky...no, not lucky, blessed to have so many amazing people in my life. Seriously. I love you guys. And this process of formation is of course an on going process as God continues to place people and events in my life. =) I am the clay; You are the potter.

3 comments:

  1. haha maybe this is just weird or too personal but from while listening to the Heavenwards cd and talking to a friend, I just started tearing up about pains (like my friend and his brother/twin lost their dad when they were pretty young). So what are some pretty heavy pains that shaped who you are today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I'm not sure I like how I answered your question WW, so I might edit it some more later on haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet i def looove hbp!! and i didnt really have a childhood dream of what i wanted to be when i grew up so that's cool that you didnt really either :) much LOVE

    ReplyDelete